6.21.2010

DC Love

Despite my hardcore love of geek paraphernalia, display pieces are never something I seek out. [Okay, the CLAMP Chess Set was the exception to the rule.] They are nice to look at, but for me just exist for me to dust.

Recently, DC put out a nice little item for Wondy that makes me almost change my mind. Via DC Direct:
Wonder Woman is recognized the world over for her distinctive tiara, bracelets and earrings, and now you can be the proud owner of these time-honored symbols of the Amazing Amazon and her incredible heritage with this prop set! Crafted from resin, these are re-creations of Wonder Woman's famous super-hero accessories, set in a stunning base that features etched artwork depicting the history of the Amazons from their creation to the crowning of young Princess Diana as Wonder Woman. The insides of the bracelets are inscribed with the code of the Amazons. These finely crafted and detailed props can be removed from the base but are not designed to be worn (or to deflect actual bullets). This limited-edition prop set comes with a Certificate of Authenticity in 4-color window box packaging.
At the end of the day, I'd rather spend my meager funds on new WW hardcovers by J. Michael Straczynski. I have faith in you J. Mike! Make remember why I love Diana. Hey, you made me read Marvel (Thor), you have magical comic writing powers.

I took a glace at the recent Ame-Comi figures, DC females in "anime-style," and I think they are reaching a bit now. Duella Dent? It is kind of cute, but I wonder how well that one will sell. I do like the up coming Steel figure though.

But now I have to pose this question; even if you aren't one for figures or statues, don't you wish you lived near the nine-foot statue of Lois Lane? I do. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment